Pan-european Celica Meeting

Next PECM: where and when

« Older   Newer »
view post Posted on 18/8/2011, 19:19     +1   -1

Group:
Administrator

I opened this thread to discuss with PECM organizers and national referent which country and when could happen the next PECM.
I always said that PECM should hopefully be in an almost central country of Europe so to be reachable quite easily from every country... that's why I liked Martin Malpaso idea of organize the next one in Most (Czech Republic).
I even heard from Martin himself and Robert that latvian guys would be happy to organize one... and seeing them in Poland so keen and organized, makes me think it could be a great event... even if I think Latvia could get participants just from Russia, Byelorussia, Poland, Czech and Slovakia...

Anyway let's talk about it and listen for ideas:
2012 Czech and 2013 Latvia then? :)

Wolf

Web  Top
malpaso
view post Posted on 19/8/2011, 11:13     +1   -1

Wolf, I really spend some time thinking about next PECM and can say few hints from my point of view in terms of PECM in CZ. PECM2011 was incedibely well organized and no one can beat it (IMHO). So to not disapoint everyone there are only three ways to go:

a) someone will manage sponsors and rent Most track. Also accomodation around and food and joyrides + everything related. Lets say at least the same hard work as Robert and Katarinka did. And I'm not the one who can handle that. Anyone here in CZ can? OK. Go ahead but do not count with me. I can not handle such complex organization just by my self and telling to you in advance to not be second Croatia guy... just see what happened in 2008 https://pecm.forumfree.it/?f=3924809

b) we make it more as "free ride" that means we meet anywhere in Europe (perhaps here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Constance) and make trips. Nürburgring, Swiss alps, Italian Alps... anything. Or In Romania in Karpatian mountian and have fun at Transfagarashan higway (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transf%C4%83g...r%C4%83%C8%99an) :). Anything... Just someone who speaks local language to make few reservations. But everyone must take care of him/her self mostly (especially in terms of food).

c) we make event like this:

day one
- meet in Zajeci (http://winery.vinarstviukaplicky.cz/) and stay there for whole meeting
- the capacity of the guesthouse is now 100 beds. And sice we seen they spread it will be more soon... (price 25€ per person and night)
- food/wine will be paid on a spot (no pre-paid grill party or something). Everyone can eat and drink what he/she like (and there is a lot to drink...). It worked for group of 15people when we were there before PECM2011 so why not working for six or eight groups with similar headcount around each table. That would really save a lot of money and troubles to everyone.

day two
- use "public circuit driving day" (one 25minute ride is like 20€) at Brno circuit www.automotodrombrno.cz/en/ that is like 50kms from Zajeci and spend whole day there
- dinner again the same style and place as day one

day three
- manage "kart races" somewhere in Brno. Anyone can race and have fun and not to be affraid of crash. To rent kart track for lets say 6-7hrs will cost around 2000€
- dinner same way as before...

day four
leave after breakfast...

so only 3things needs to be done for this:
a) fix date when is public circuit driving day at Brno track
b) book whole Zajeci winery soon enough and pay in advance
c) book kart track soon enough and pay in advance

food&drink is resolved on spot (note.: sure it can be organized in Zajeci as well but they have stupid prices in cases like this and it is not worth it so it is not question of impossibility to manage it but question of money...)

that is all I made for now...

view post Posted on 19/8/2011, 16:07     +1   -1

Group:
Administrator

Martin, while I'm not trying to convince you to make it if you don't want to, believe me, I just want to tell you that I disagree, as I'm pretty sure you with some help (Octopus? :DDD) could do a very good job! And I'm really sure of what I'm saying!

Believe me... job is way easier now with everyone having a sat nav in his car or phone...
and keeping the good idea of Robert/Kasia of the badge with program and coordinates, the more difficult part is just to decide where and when make the participants to go!

And it seems to me that you already have very good ideas, as I think your event type C would be an excellent event... for example!

Anyway I won't discard the Most option, as it's really similar to type C, if Most's track prices are not too high and we will be able to book it entirelly for ourselves...

Just for a quick example what about if:
Thursday: afternoon arrive at the hotel and dinner
Friday: trackday (Most or Brno or anything else) and dinner somewhere
Saturday: rent a BUS and take ALL the participants to have a day in Prague, free lunch, dinner in Prague, return at the hotel
Sunday: breakfast and return home...

;)

PS: I'm not saying that next one will have to be in CZ... we can do 2012 in CZ and 2013 in Latvia, OR 2012 Latvia and 2013 CZ, OR 2013 Latvia and 2015 CZ... AS YOU PREFER!
Just would like that a Latvian referent could enter in this thread as soon as they are ready to tell us something about their ideas...

Web  Top
robert_pl
view post Posted on 19/8/2011, 20:44     +1   -1

I think we should stick to "every second year" pattern.
And the idea of "bus to Prague" looks quite attractive.

TEOPAP
view post Posted on 22/8/2011, 20:28     +1   -1

is difficult every year to do 4-5000 km with the car. i think is better every 2 years, and who knows? maybe next pecm will be the new celica.

LED-BOY
view post Posted on 23/8/2011, 14:11     +1   -1

QUOTE (Wolf_Tm250 @ 19/8/2011, 17:07) 
Martin, while I'm not trying to convince you to make it if you don't want to, believe me, I just want to tell you that I disagree, as I'm pretty sure you with some help (Octopus? :DDD) could do a very good job! And I'm really sure of what I'm saying!

Believe me... job is way easier now with everyone having a sat nav in his car or phone...
and keeping the good idea of Robert/Kasia of the badge with program and coordinates, the more difficult part is just to decide where and when make the participants to go!

And it seems to me that you already have very good ideas, as I think your event type C would be an excellent event... for example!

Anyway I won't discard the Most option, as it's really similar to type C, if Most's track prices are not too high and we will be able to book it entirelly for ourselves...

Just for a quick example what about if:
Thursday: afternoon arrive at the hotel and dinner
Friday: trackday (Most or Brno or anything else) and dinner somewhere
Saturday: rent a BUS and take ALL the participants to have a day in Prague, free lunch, dinner in Prague, return at the hotel
Sunday: breakfast and return home...

;)

PS: I'm not saying that next one will have to be in CZ... we can do 2012 in CZ and 2013 in Latvia, OR 2012 Latvia and 2013 CZ, OR 2013 Latvia and 2015 CZ... AS YOU PREFER!
Just would like that a Latvian referent could enter in this thread as soon as they are ready to tell us something about their ideas...

Hello from celica-club.lv. Separate greetings to all those who have been in PECM-2011

We can also arrange PECM 2013. Geographically located around Scandinavia and Russia, which will significantly increase the number of fans of the event.

In our country we have two Celica Club, which also simplifies the task. It will be easier to organize everything.

But if the organizers are more inclined towards the Czech Republic, we offer two options:

- Will remain for us to host the event in 2015

- To divide Europe into two conferences: the West and East. Can begin to develop the Eastern direction.

Edited by LED-BOY - 23/8/2011, 15:27

malpaso
view post Posted on 23/8/2011, 15:39     +1   -1

QUOTE (LED-BOY @ 23/8/2011, 15:11) 
Hello from celica-club.lv. Separate greetings to all those who have been in PECM-2011

We can also arrange PECM 2013. Geographically located around Scandinavia and Russia, which will significantly increase the number of fans of the event.

In our country we have two Celica Club, which also simplifies the task. It will be easier to organize everything.

But if the organizers are more inclined towards the Czech Republic, we offer two options:

- To divide Europe into two conferences: the West and East. Can begin to develop the Eastern direction.

Thank you for this post mate. Just few seconds ago I left pages of your club listing post about PECM2011 :) and must say Celica Club in LV is much more "mature" an skilled to handle such a big event like PECM than Celica Club CZ is. I just feel it this way right now in this moment. I do not believe we in CZ will make such a big progress in one year (as the club) to be able to start preparations for PECM in 2013.

PECM in 2013 deserve to be in hands of someone who know what to deal with. Also must agree this is the chance to convince people from north to participarte and raise probability they come to participate again in 2015 to Czech Republic. So lets take it as:

PECM2013 = Latvia

Czech Republic will always be there for year 2015

LED-BOY
view post Posted on 23/8/2011, 15:50     +1   -1

Malpaso, thank you for your trust!

In any case, we now come to any such action. Have not been to Prague. With great pleasure I'll come with my wife and child to you.

view post Posted on 23/8/2011, 17:30     +1   -1

Group:
Administrator

CITAZIONE (LED-BOY @ 23/8/2011, 15:11) 

Hi LED-BOY, and welcome!

Let me introduce myself to explain you what PECM is.
I am the guy that one day wrote on 6gc.net: why not having a big european event?
And so I organized the first PECM in 2007 in Parma - Italy...

In PECM there is not a chief, while there are good old friends that wants to meet each other AT LEAST every 2 years, any time in a different place of Europe.

This said, we have to remember that the name itself, Pan EUROPEAN Celica Meeting, tells us that our goal is to get as more people as possible from all of the different countries of Europe...

So our ONLY effort should be to make just one PECM, so no West and East, and to make it to be a European meeting and not a "National" meeting with "some" foreign participants...
The experience is telling that:
in 2007 Italy PECM (Northern Italy), even if not perfectly organized (it was the first one! :) ), there were 10 people from UK, 10+ from Switzerland, a big and fantastic group from Poland, 3/4 people from Czech, and persons from Holland, Slovenia, Germany, Croatia, Greece and two mad guys... one from Cyprus (Demetris - recycle) and one from Moscow (Jenia "rz") !
On the contrary, in the fantastic Greek meeting of 2009, there were, UNFORTUNATELY, just 4 cars from Italy, 4 cars from Poland, 1 from Czech and 2 from Bulgaria...

And that's why I PERSONALLY like the Czech option, because is a very central country in Europe... and that's why I'm afraid that a Latvian meeting would be 70% participants from Latvia, 10% from Byelorussia, 10% from Russia and 10% from the rest of Europe... but I really hope I'm wrong!

Anyway, I just saw that a Latvian PECM would be even closer than Poland for Italians, as we could get a ferry in Germany from Lubeck to Ventspils that's quite cheap! ;)

So for me Latvia 2013 is ok... if you're REALLY interested in making it!

PS: in Polish' Castle, at lunch, I was sitting beside the Latvian/Byelo/Russian group... which were you?

Web  Top
walacc
view post Posted on 23/8/2011, 19:53     +1   -1

Hi, since we are already looking into possibilities to organize this event, soon enough we will be able to let you know how it looks from our point of view. We have a couple of track options including Bikernieki (in Riga) saloon car and motorcycle racing circuit (around ~1400 EUR for 8 hours), carting track 333 almost like one in the Poland, and some other options. The part that is a bit more problematic - accomodations - single hotel for all the participants, but we are looking ino these matters now, and will report back as soon as it will be possible.

view post Posted on 23/8/2011, 20:52     +1   -1

Group:
Administrator

CITAZIONE (walacc @ 23/8/2011, 20:53) 
Hi, since we are already looking into possibilities to organize this event, soon enough we will be able to let you know how it looks from our point of view. We have a couple of track options including Bikernieki (in Riga) saloon car and motorcycle racing circuit (around ~1400 EUR for 8 hours), carting track 333 almost like one in the Poland, and some other options. The part that is a bit more problematic - accomodations - single hotel for all the participants, but we are looking ino these matters now, and will report back as soon as it will be possible.

Ok, that's perfect!
Since I heard from Robert-PL and Martin Malpaso-CZ and their guys that they would enjoy a Latvian PECM, I think we can now open your section where you can put any info and ask for questions and help.

PS: were you in Poland too?

Web  Top
LED-BOY
view post Posted on 23/8/2011, 20:53     +1   -1

Wolf_Tm250

pecm-19

view post Posted on 23/8/2011, 21:13     +1   -1

Group:
Administrator

CITAZIONE (LED-BOY @ 23/8/2011, 21:53) 

Ok, now it's more clear!

This is me:
pecm

Edited by Wolf_Tm250 - 24/8/2011, 11:56

Web  Top
walacc
view post Posted on 23/8/2011, 21:29     +1   -1

Yes I was in the Poland, I was "part time driver" for the Venza. ;)
000034234190_%23_3_%23_celicaclub

mapia1001
view post Posted on 23/8/2011, 21:56     +1   -1

Hi everybody.

First of all I would like to thank all the participants of this event. :)

About the question of a Pecm on 2012 and another at 2013...
...it seems good but I think it cannot work.
Too early for the organizators and too dificult for the participants to repeat a trip like this every year. So I think it's good to remain at the 2 years pattern as Robert said before.

About the option "b" of Martin's post. I sincerely prefer an organized package for the event as we have always done till now.
I don't think that a free ride meeting or a meeting to Nurburgring (as I also heard a similar proposal) will work for a PECM.

About the place:
If Martin says that Czech club is not ready yet and he can't take the responsability to organize the event by himself I trust him.
So, although I would like very much a meeting there I don't insist and I don't want to press to convince him. It's ok too for the year 2015. ;)

Wolf, you are right, it's logical that a PECM in a place of the Central Europe can have more participants because of the distance, but personally I think that if someone is enough ready (decided) to partecipate to a PECM he will try to do it even if it will be farther. ;)
This year...I've done 4000km from Greece to come to Polland (and I don't count the other 1600km that I make every summer Italy- Greece-Italy ;) hehe! ) and the other greeks have done about 4850km :D So...if someone wants to do something he will!!

I totaly disagree - as Wolf wrote too - for a west and east europe event .

So.....I think that in Latvia could be a nice Pecm2013!!
I think that I will post a thread about at the greek forum. ;)

LED-BOY and walacc!!!

I'm glad you are here and I'm glad that Latvia wants to organize the next PECM. :))
Hope you resolve the problem of the accomodation and if you need anything about the organization count on me.
I would be glad to help you to anything that I could do for you. :)

28 replies since 18/8/2011, 19:19   710 views