Pan-european Celica Meeting

Registration (detailed program)

« Older   Newer »
Vidma V
view post Posted on 10/3/2017, 23:39     +1   -1

Dear friends, I can not stay silent any more... Probably all organizers of last 3 events remember me contacting them personally, and asking for possibilities to save a little bit on accommodation, or other items for our group. Well, in the end we were paying the same price as everyone, and were very happy to attend the event.

I loved Italy event so much, as well as our euro trip to it and back, but it was really sad to see only around 20 international cars there. Of course thanks to local Celica owners, we were not a small group, but smallest from all PECM events I have been to.

My point is, that price this year is really huge. Twice or more than any event before, and I'm afraid that group of participants will be even smaller than Italy. Its hard to attract new people to event, and those who have been to PECM might have less desire to come, as we are still driving Celicas, and had no budget to switch to GT86, or something different.

During last PECM evening in Italy we were talking about possibility to make next event in central Europe, so it would be affordable for max number of participants from all Europe (Pan European). And even those who considered Latvia and Italy to be too far, could join this meeting. However now those people have another consideration to make..

My question - is it all about event to be so grandiose and fancy this time, so only wealthy or real fanatics could join it? Or should it be about car enthusiast, who do not care about bling bling hotels and restaurants, and feel better having dinner in a pub, or even parking lot near their cars, or a grill with sausages near the lake?

Peace!

Urputus
view post Posted on 11/3/2017, 00:43     -1   +1   -1

Merchandise
This is only an effort to do something extra. It is completely optional, nobody forces anyone to buy these things. (The price for the items = costs for the items and the logo of PECM 2017.)

We have no problem to disclose details of PECM. But this forum is publicly available and prices are only for PECM 2017 (of course in our favor). We were advised that the information is confidential. So if you have additional questions, use our email address please ([email protected]).

As we wrote above, we are not going to comment the exact price of the polygon here, but let us react to the voucher of MaxCars+ from the discount portal.
The price of MaxCars+ voucher on discount portal for whole day at the polygon:
2012 - 65 Euro
2013/2014 - 75 Euro
2014/2016 - 82 Euro
01/2017 - 90 Euro

The price for the whole day stay at the polygon 124 Euro / person includes:
- theoretical and practical training for the driver with the assistance of instructors, off road track,
- whole day unlimited catering
- technical background: renting of an electric aggregate, sanitary background - Toy Toy toilets, washing facility, a tank with water, party tents, furniture, children's facilities (play tent, sleeping tent, attractions ...) ...

Individual approach for some groups of participants was not solved within PECM forum in the past. We are also from Prague and we will also stay in the hotel, pay the same price for accommodation and program, though we expect that due to our organizational duties we won’t have time to participate in the program. Do we also have to ask for some discount?

As has been said, the point is to meet people, share common experiences and have fun together. Therefore we are not solving individual program which will take into account “who visited what” in the past.

We are very sorry when someone accuses us of making profit from PECM. But prices are higher due to the location. We didn’t choose Prague just by ourselves. We choose Prague because of the interest of participants on the previous PECM. (Not only the Czechs know that Prague is a beautiful city, but logistically and financially very difficult).

Choice of hotel was influenced by the need to choose a hotel with a capacity of more than 60 beds, as well as the willingness of the hotel to book such a large capacity in their main season without knowledge if they arrive. Important criteria in choosing of the hotel were sufficient parking capacity with security, the locality of the hotel (to avoid additional costs for transportation of participants), of course the quality of the services offered by the hotel and other aspects.

The selection of racetracks in Czech Republic is limited (Brno about 200 kilometers from Prague on broken highway, Most about 150 kilometers, Sosnová about 90 kilometers far). Due to the chosen location we decided to do it different way. So we made a research of available options in or around Prague. Either the resort wasn’t designed for use of motor vehicles, or it wasn’t suitable for our cars, or it didn’t provide other entertainment options except their standard attractions etc. Just for example price of one carting track in Prague with background for events like PECM was for the same price as for the polygon.

The total price of 240 Euro / person / PECM:
124 Euro polygon (see above)

In the remaining amount of 116 Euro you have:
dinner on Thursday 19 Euro, dinner on Friday 20 Euro; lunch on Saturday 19 Euro; dinner + rout and entertainment on Saturday 23 Euro / i.e. 81 Euro in total / person.
Prague sightseeing tour with guide in foreign languages 8 Euro (groups of max. 30 persons).
One piece of t-shirt with logo of PECM 2017 on it 7.50 Euro.
Admission fee to historical sights in Prague 10 Euro.
Reserve 5 Euro for bank fees, exchange rate risk, price fluctuations of the suppliers.
4.50 Euro administrative material (neck straps, portfolio, paper etc ...), 1 piece of banner PECM 2017, PECM 2017 stickers.

Price of PECM for 1 person in a double room (together with attractions):
PECM 2007 - 309 Euro / person
PECM 2009 - 231 Euro / person (I think it was without food and drinks)
PECM 2011 - 149 Euro / person
PECM 2013 - 260 Euro / person
PECM 2015 - 246 Euro / person
PECM 2017 - 345 Euro / person

malpaso
view post Posted on 11/3/2017, 09:35     +1   -1

QUOTE (Wolf_Tm250 @ 10/3/2017, 20:25) 
mainly because the higher the price, the less the people...
Anyway he and his club are doing this PECM in the way they think it would be a great meeting, so this year it's up to them to decide what to see, what to eat, which the trip, what the entertainment and accomodation and how much the price...

Exactly Wolf. How is it far in the past I have warned from this? You know how. Anyway. They decided. Sure. What I want to see is for what I pay how much. I want price breakdown. Like you did for example. Why they can't especially when price is suspiciously high?

Last PECM participated 25 cars (give or take). When this will be 10... Will this help or damage PECM legacy? Because of greed they bury whole idea "meet people from whole Europe". Just ask your self what is purpose of PECM and if they fulfilling it or not.

view post Posted on 11/3/2017, 19:42     +1   -1

Group:
Administrator

CITAZIONE (malpaso @ 11/3/2017, 09:35) 
I want price breakdown. Like you did for example.

I think he gave the price breakdown, so everything is fine for me from this point of view...

CITAZIONE
Last PECM participated 25 cars (give or take). When this will be 10... Will this help or damage PECM legacy?
Because of greed they bury whole idea "meet people from whole Europe". Just ask your self what is purpose of PECM and if they fulfilling it or not.

Martin,
you already know my answer... we had no other offer to organize the 2017 PECM, moreover you and Pavel were asked million times to organize a PECM, as first members of PECM,
and in my opinion is very important to keep the fire lit and carry on the tradition...
What I would hear from you is, instead, your plan for the PECM 2021 in that fantastic Winery near Brno... ;)

This said, I'm sure even this one will be a GREAT PECM:
it's not only about place/hotels/food, but mainly about Celica people getting togheter with the same passion...

Web  Top
Urputus
view post Posted on 11/3/2017, 20:48     +1   -1

What I would hear from you is, instead, your plan for the PECM 2021 in that fantastic Winery near Brno... ;)

Wolf,

guys from Hungary already expressed their interest to organize PECM 2021, but they will talk about it personally on PECM in Prague ;) . We think we have something to look forward to.

Regarding PECM 2017:
Thank you all for your interest. Many of you asked us to make another attempt to reduce the price and also are trying to help us (thank you for this). We decided to meet the suppliers in the next few days and try to find some solution with them.
Once we have some news, we will let you know though this forum.

We are looking forward to seeing you in Prague.

view post Posted on 12/3/2017, 20:04     +1   -1

Group:
Administrator

CITAZIONE (Urputus @ 11/3/2017, 20:48) 
CITAZIONE

Wolf,

guys from Hungary already expressed their interest to organize PECM 2021, but they will talk about it personally on PECM in Prague ;) . We think we have something to look forward to.

Regarding PECM 2017:
Thank you all for your interest. Many of you asked us to make another attempt to reduce the price and also are trying to help us (thank you for this). We decided to meet the suppliers in the next few days and try to find some solution with them.

We are looking forward to seeing you in Prague.

Ok, perfect idea!
And yes, I heard about Hungary too... let's see how it ends up!

Web  Top
view post Posted on 13/3/2017, 16:19     +1   -1

Group:

CITAZIONE (Urputus @ 11/3/2017, 20:48) 

we are looking forward to hear from you good news!! :)

Web  Top
malpaso
view post Posted on 14/3/2017, 09:14     +1   +1   -1

QUOTE (Wolf_Tm250 @ 11/3/2017, 19:42) 
Martin,
you already know my answer... we had no other offer to organize the 2017 PECM, moreover you and Pavel were asked million times to organize a PECM, as first members of PECM,
and in my opinion is very important to keep the fire lit and carry on the tradition...

Wolf,
we have talked together many times about this. I told you CZ is not ready to organize good event yet + I have warned EXACTLY THIS will happen. More than a year ago! How is that possible I knew? Also it's not true there was no option for PECM2017. Slovakia people were interested and still are for the future. And you know it because you mention only PECM2021 (not 2019)

QUOTE (Wolf_Tm250 @ 11/3/2017, 19:42) 
it's not only about place/hotels/food, but mainly about Celica people getting togheter with the same passion...

Exactly. PECM is about get people together. That's main "DNA of PECM" events. Who cares about unlimited food, resting tents, given watter, 4 star hotel etc... WHO CARES! See your own program. That is inspiration for clean participant friendly event. Is this what they do? Not even for a second! They do NOT care about people and getting them together. They have another priorities - obvious once. You will see there will be no significant drop in price to show they respect the voice of the people. People who already participated already on PECMs. People you know in person (not unknown faces).

QUOTE (Urputus @ 11/3/2017, 20:48) 

Hi Romana,
welcome back again. I am glad you noticed there might be something wrong with your decision how to organize this event and you take some steps to fix it. I hope for effective steps. Sorry for my skepticism but negotiation with suppliers will not give any significant results (simply can't). Costs can be significantly reduced by three steps and subcontractor price is that less effective since you already have the best subcontractor (in terms of price) for sure. If not why would you have them???:

1) reduce service portfolio - the most effective!
2) reduce own profit
3) change subcontractors for cheaper - less effective as already said unless you are complete idiot and using the most expensive one in the country

anyone who lead any project in the past (or with organisational skills) should know that. So fingers crossed.

QUOTE (Urputus @ 11/3/2017, 00:43) 
The price for the whole day stay at the polygon 124 Euro / person includes:
- theoretical and practical training for the driver with the assistance of instructors, off road track,
- whole day unlimited catering
- technical background: renting of an electric aggregate, sanitary background - Toy Toy toilets, washing facility, a tank with water, party tents, furniture, children's facilities (play tent, sleeping tent, attractions ...) ...

OK...
1)why is this mandatory? every time participants had chance to choose... be present and watch or actively have fun
2) why fancy "whole day unlimited catering"??? never before anyone wasted OUR money like this...
3) are you saying there is FREE off road track to use (so also free off road rent a car/buggy???). suspicious... they ask additional money for this in their portfolio.
4) "technical background" is standard in price you pay for the "safe course drive". They must provide it - it's a law.

Anyway. I can make a call there and ask if you or Paul are too busy. No problem.

Individual approach for some groups of participants was not solved within PECM forum in the past. We are also from Prague and we will also stay in the hotel, pay the same price for accommodation and program, though we expect that due to our organizational duties we won’t have time to participate in the program. Do we also have to ask for some discount?

As has been said, the point is to meet people, share common experiences and have fun together. Therefore we are not solving individual program which will take into account “who visited what” in the past.

??? What "individual approach" you are talking about??? ALWAYS participants had a choice to choose! ALWAYS there was a simple plan:

day#1
dinner
hotel

day #2
OPTIONAL TRACK
dinner
hotel

day #3
roadtrip/relax
lunch
dinner
hotel

that is
3x hotel
4x food
1x optional track use

simple six numbers, six time price. Using the same in CZ means

3x hotel = 100-200 € (there are dozens of hotels to choose)
4x food = average meal costs here 10€, that means 40€ in total (lets make it rounded 50€)
1x optional track use = I remember the most expensive was 100€. Lets keep it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
150-250 basic costs
100 optional addition

this makes sense and perfectly fit into everything we all already experienced and trust me: like this we would not be talking now at all and PECM in Prague would be the biggest event ever.

btw.: do not ask discounts for your self for making bad decisions

We are very sorry when someone accuses us of making profit from PECM. But prices are higher due to the location. We didn’t choose Prague just by ourselves. We choose Prague because of the interest of participants on the previous PECM. (Not only the Czechs know that Prague is a beautiful city, but logistically and financially very difficult).

Bullshit (sorry for French). I live here! (just wait and see links below) I know price of dinner in centre of Prague, I know how much hotel is PLUS no one said we all need to stay in Prague (just visit it is goal) - for example 50 km from Prague beautiful spa town Podebrady. There is background and knowledge to accommodate people - definitely cheaper.

Choice of hotel was influenced by the need to choose a hotel with a capacity of more than 60 beds, as well as the willingness of the hotel to book such a large capacity in their main season without knowledge if they arrive. Important criteria in choosing of the hotel were sufficient parking capacity with security, the locality of the hotel (to avoid additional costs for transportation of participants), of course the quality of the services offered by the hotel and other aspects.

Another nonsense... 10 minutes with goodle! www.hotelduo.cz/default-en.html (from 55€ per night)

duo

The selection of racetracks in Czech Republic is limited (Brno about 200 kilometers from Prague on broken highway, Most about 150 kilometers, Sosnová about 90 kilometers far). Due to the chosen location we decided to do it different way. So we made a research of available options in or around Prague. Either the resort wasn’t designed for use of motor vehicles, or it wasn’t suitable for our cars, or it didn’t provide other entertainment options except their standard attractions etc. Just for example price of one carting track in Prague with background for events like PECM was for the same price as for the polygon.

Romana... Please ask Paul how far is Parma from Castelletto track or Serres track and hotel Alexander in Greece where we were accommodated. What you are arguing above is pure nonsense - but your absence at early PECMs excuses you.

The price of MaxCars+ voucher on discount portal for whole day at the polygon:
01/2017 - 90 Euro

The total price of 240 Euro / person / PECM:
124 Euro polygon (see above)

why is not 90€ also for us as you mention as common discount price in your post? (see above). They offer WHOLE DAY PROGRAM as you say for 34€ less to another???

In the remaining amount of 116 Euro you have:
dinner on Thursday 19 Euro, dinner on Friday 20 Euro; lunch on Saturday 19 Euro; dinner + rout and entertainment on Saturday 23 Euro / i.e. 81 Euro in total / person.
Prague sightseeing tour with guide in foreign languages 8 Euro (groups of max. 30 persons).
One piece of t-shirt with logo of PECM 2017 on it 7.50 Euro.
Admission fee to historical sights in Prague 10 Euro.
Reserve 5 Euro for bank fees, exchange rate risk, price fluctuations of the suppliers.
4.50 Euro administrative material (neck straps, portfolio, paper etc ...), 1 piece of banner PECM 2017, PECM 2017 stickers.

two things:
1) all admitance and sightseeing in Prague - why mandatory and not optional? How for Czech participants friendly this is?
2) food for 19/20€ !? - seriously???
- this is very popular tourist restaurant in cenre of Prague www.restauraceuvejvodu.cz/menu.html (high prices for Prague but still typical CZ meal that everyone should try is for 7,50€)
- again very VERY POPULAR restaurant for tourists www.pivovarskydum.com/menu/?view=menu (complete menu from 16€)
- now normal restaurant (not shitty shed)... http://www.staropramen.cz/potrefene-husy/h...jidelni-listek/ (not a problem to eat for 5€)

Price of PECM for 1 person in a double room (together with attractions):
PECM 2007 - 309 Euro / person
PECM 2009 - 231 Euro / person (I think it was without food and drinks)
PECM 2011 - 149 Euro / person
PECM 2013 - 260 Euro / person
PECM 2015 - 246 Euro / person
PECM 2017 - 345 Euro / person

Yes thank you for repeating PECM numbers with optional track prices. When you play with facts it doesn't change anything. Not mentioning where you take those numbers (for example CLEAR evidence of costs in 2013 - not 260 as you say, but 250... why such a game!?

price-confirmation1000

btw only PECM with bulk price - and still this bulk price is half of what you ask for

But what makes me laugh the most is price 345€ for PECM2017... (since 345 minus 240 is 105) please manage me Pyramida hotel for 105€ !!!!! Why you are doing this?

view post Posted on 14/3/2017, 20:26     +1   -1

Group:
Administrator

CITAZIONE (malpaso @ 14/3/2017, 09:14) 
CITAZIONE (Wolf_Tm250 @ 11/3/2017, 19:42) 
Martin,

Wolf,
we have talked together many times about this. I told you CZ is not ready to organize good event yet + I have warned EXACTLY THIS will happen. More than a year ago!

Martin, let's wait AFTER the next PECM to judge how it was... ;)

CITAZIONE
How is that possible I knew? Also it's not true there was no option for PECM2017. Slovakia people were interested and still are for the future.

Yes, but SK option come out after CZ accepted with reservation to talk with the Club before confirmation...
Moreover SK was happy to attend another PECM before organizing one, because Italy 2015 was the first PECM for them...

CITAZIONE
CITAZIONE (Wolf_Tm250 @ 11/3/2017, 19:42) 

Exactly. PECM is about get people together. That's main "DNA of PECM" events. Who cares about unlimited food, resting tents, given watter, 4 star hotel etc... WHO CARES! See your own program. That is inspiration for clean participant friendly event. Is this what they do? Not even for a second! They do NOT care about people and getting them together. They have another priorities - obvious once. You will see there will be no significant drop in price to show they respect the voice of the people. People who already participated already on PECMs. People you know in person (not unknown faces).

Personally I won't be so severe...
I do think that PECM is about "get people Celica togheter", but I'm pretty sure that each of us (so including also you) would decline the "staying togheter" in a different way mainly for personal cultural background and country of origin of the organizer... and that's the good thing, as in this way any PECM will be different from the other. ;)

About the Hotel, the Food, the Entertainment choose and the Prices, "unfortunately or luckily" these are up to the organizing Club... it was always in this way and must be so...
and, as I already wrote, the organizing Club will pay for its choices in terms of number of participants...

Edited by Wolf_Tm250 - 15/3/2017, 10:48

Web  Top
malpaso
view post Posted on 15/3/2017, 11:03     +1   -1

QUOTE (Wolf_Tm250 @ 14/3/2017, 20:26) 
Personally I won't be so severe...
I do think that PECM is about "get people Celica togheter", but I'm pretty sure that each of us (so including also you) would decline the "staying togheter" in a different way mainly for personal cultural background and country of origin of the organizer... and that's the good thing, as in this way any PECM will be different from the other. ;)

About the Hotel, the Food, the Entertainment choose and the Prices, "unfortunately or luckily" these are up to the organizing Club... it was always in this way and must be so...
and, as I already wrote, the organizing Club will pay for its choices in terms of number of participants...

Thank you for opinion Wolf. We will continue discussion about "what makes PECM really PECM in here

In this topic I am looking forward to see answers to my questions related meeting in Prague. I hope they come...

krrizz1
view post Posted on 19/3/2017, 10:28     +1   +1   -1

As Celica Club Poland we wanted to participate in the PECM Prague in 2017, initially we had about 10 members willing to come. However after receiving the price list (we are not in the euro zone) costs for us are really high and we will not be able to come (most of us), hence the request for re-revise the cost.
If I could suggest something that we do not need to have a 4 star hotel, just a clean 2 star, we do not have to eat in fancy restaurants, it can even be fast food, it's important to spend this time together, in the wonderful group.
There is still some time so can the organizers verify the cost of this event ??
PEACE

Urputus
view post Posted on 22/3/2017, 23:11     +1   -1

I'd like to let you know that the hotel provided to us 30 cheaper rooms (in Superior standard) for 58 EUR / night (i.e. discount of 12 EUR / night). The hotel will keep the free access to the swimming pool and fitness center to these rooms as a bonus.

The reservation link is still the same:
http://tinyurl.com/PYRAMIDA-PECM-2017

If you already booked the room and you want to change it for this cheaper one, please let us know on e-mail [email protected]. We will take care about your previous reservation.

We are discussing the prices with other suppliers and doing other steps to reduce the final price for PECM 2017. As soon as we have any news we will inform you here.

Looking forward to meet you here in Prague.

Pavel

malpaso
view post Posted on 23/3/2017, 09:52     +1   +1   -1

I am really starting top be worried. 10 days gone and no effective progress. I have already mentioned the most effective steps and none were taken. How hard could it be to manage this - PLEASE!:

(below working with known numbers)

STEP #1: reduce
- instruct people who do not want that expensive hotel at all where to come and when but still keep people participating the event = minus 240€ from budget
- show some respect to non-drivers and make that overpriced max-cars event optional = minus 124€ from budget
- separate important (core/DNA PECM things) and make price. That means lunch/dinner things becasue this is what makes people united and let them be/talk together = let stay dinner Thursday, dinner Friday, lunch Saturday, dinner Saturday = minus 35€ from budget

That leaves us a way below 100€ even before step #2

STEP #2: re-negotiate + lower your profit
All food providers gives you OVERPRICED SERVICE. 19-20€ for food in Prague is huge price. This is NOT Italy! NOT Germany, NOT Greece. Czech Republic has half or even third prices of cuisine. So you have stupidly overpriced suppliers and/or having profit 50% on everithing.

10-15€ is decent number = 50-60€ is expected result after step #2

just FYI: 2nd Pan-Slovakian Celica Meeting (PSCM2017 ;))

To prove that 3 day meeting in the middle of Europe can be managed reasonably provided guys from Slovakia (country that has the same culture and economy as CZ) = 75€ total. With options to not participate all days (22€, 45€, 75€ options). And their national meeting has all aspects of PECM. Complete program/price-list (Slovak language) you can see here.

Event FB page available for more details: www.facebook.com/events/251851648559315/

Alex_Rus
view post Posted on 12/4/2017, 21:31     +1   -1

Accommodation costs 240 euros :wacko:

I thought Italy was the most expensive country. Just in 2015 in Brno rented a private house, 10 km outside the city. 7 floors, for 7 people = 35 euros

450 euros is very much for this event

I think to refuse in this case and go to eurotrip on another route, which will bring me more emotions than the city-hotel-city :(

Alex_Rus
view post Posted on 12/4/2017, 22:10     +1   +1   -1

Are you seriously?
During the Eurotura + PECM I visited 10 countries.
Of course I did not need an expensive room, since the room is needed for recreation. And this bed, shower and WI-FI. All.
The most expensive room I had was 35 euros in Croatia. The cheapest - in the Czech Republic, which I mentioned above.

I agree with the other participants that PECM is a meeting of interesting people. Some came from Russia without cars!

I use my holidays to go to PECM, that to chat with interesting people. But this price makes me think about going somewhere to the islands) :D

But not 58 euros for night, 58 KARL))))

Watch the news

31 replies since 12/2/2017, 16:16   1309 views